[I] “Cease not to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers;” ~ Ephesians 1:16
Dear Praying Friends,
We prayerfully thank the Lord and seek His blessings upon you for your faithful support, prayers and love for us. We trust He will bless you many times over for your faithfulness.
This past Monday I received five phone calls about Veterans wanting to commit suicide. They heard about our training through a casual Facebook post by an Army Ranger who had attended a PTSD camp. He posted that he “was healed and felt normal for the first time since Fallujah”. More than seventy of his brothers contacted him for more information. Four called me and said among other things they saw no value in their lives. One mother called me literally begging for help. Through the Lord’s leading within a couple hours, five pastors dispatched to three houses in TX, one in MA, and the last in CO. By day’s end four were saved and all begin a counseling program with our Wounded Spirit’s book. All agreed they were no longer considering suicide. Your ministry was at work through these heroes. No one would have ever guessed the Lord would use a simple statement and a handful of dedicated pastors, but He did!
- For AFBM Family Camp, training twenty-two missionary families including four new families.
- For PTSD Training at Southland Christian Camp.
- For four souls saved since our last prayer letter.
- For training at two new V.A. hospitals.
- For Bibles delivered to three new bases.
- For our insurance covering 90% of the cost of our new air conditioner.
- For the opportunity of training missionary families on how to complete deputation.
- For Christ to have the preeminence in all we do.
- For our family’s health
- For veterans and their safety. The mortality rate continues to be staggering. Some surveys suggest as many as 30 a day are committing suicide.
- For our country and her leaders. Never has an election been so meaningful to our military, veterans, and frankly, Christians.
- For ministries on bases and that they would continue to allow our churches and ministries on base to pick up those without cars.
- For our church plants and the Lord would provide permanent buildings and new families to encourage them.
- For Daniel who is in the interview process with a prospective employer.
- For our Gold Star Families and that the Lord will provide them with great comfort.
- For our military men and women and their families.
“Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.” ~ John 15:13
We need to remember the cost of war. In Afghanistan we have had nearly 2,000 killed and 20,000 injured. In Iraq nearly 4,700 have been killed and closed to 50,000 injured. Pray with me fervently for these families and for the safety of those serving today
If you would like Debbie and I to report in to your church, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you again for you trust.
Doug & Debbie Carragher