Dear Praying Friends:
“Whiles by the experiment of this ministration they glorify God for your professed subjection unto the gospel of Christ, and for your liberal distribution unto them, and unto all men; And by their prayer for you, which long after you for the exceeding grace of God in you.” -II Cor. 9:13-14
Our hearts rejoice with you as we report how the Lord is using our shared ministry throughout the world. Everyday our ministry is an example of your liberal distribution and our Lord’s exceeding grace. Thank you for your faithfulness and testimony.
It is our prayer that we will never tire of sharing the Gospel. A couple of weeks ago, I watched a young soldier beg the Lord to forgive his sins and save him. A few minutes later he thanked the Lord for sending me and for the Bible that I had brought him. Though he did not know how missions worked, he knew the Lord had
provided. Thank you for the provision.
We always pray that from the pages of notes over the previous two months, we can find several to highlight our shared blessings. Join us in praising the Lord for the following blessings:
• 12 Souls for our labor
• 3 New bases receiving Bibles
• New contacts in Iraq and Afghanistan.
• Requests from 12 bases for Bibles and tracts.
• Preached at 2 Bible Colleges, meeting with 5 missionary candidates.
Please contact us if there is anything we can do for you. We love all of you and look forward to when we can fellowship again.
• For our ministry and that souls will be saved.
• For the plane tickets to visit our missionaries in Europe and Asia.
• For our supporting churches.
• For our heroes and their need for a Savior.
May the Lord bless your faithfulness,
Doug, Debbie, Douglas and Daniel Carragher
General Director, AFBM, 3252 Taylor Road Chesapeake VA 23321
Proverbs Chapter 5, Verse 18
“Let thy fountain be blessed:
and rejoice with the wife of thy
Everyday, I rejoice for the wife the Lord has given me. Born at Fort Benning and raised in an Army home, she knew how tough being an Army wife could be. Debbie and I will be married for 26 years on October 8th. I have dragged her all over the world and she has never faltered. She can make a home out of anything. She is a great mother, wife, soul winner, counselor for military wives and is my best friend. With her, I’m blessed beyond comprehension.
John 15:13, Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
THE COST OF WAR:
• 4664 heroes dead in Iraq
• 834 heroes dead in Afghanistan
• 31,513 wounded in the War on Terror
• SAD FACTS: A recent article in an military paper claims that 15% of all inductees claim to have no religion or belief. Nearly 80% believe in a higher being. More than half of the 80% specify there may be multiple gods and we should be more accepting.