Dear Praying Friends,
Thank you for your faith in our family and your obedience to our Lord in supporting worldwide missions. Everyday, we prayerfully try to earn your trust and bring honor to our Lord and Savior.
In January, the Lord provided for my travel to Vicenza, Italy to visit AFBM missionaries Tim and Isabella Drylie. Tim is the pastor of Vicenza Baptist Church. While there I preached their annual missions conference and was able to help Tim with a few projects. It is refreshing to see the wonderful work the Lord is doing and meeting the new families He has provided. The Southern European Task Force (SETAF) is located there. They’re one of the most deployed brigades in the Army. Tim a former Navy SEAL is a perfect fit for this Airborne Brigade. The brigade has just deployed again and unfortunately are experiencing many losses in Afghanistan. Please pray for their safety.
On my way home from Italy I traveled to Heidelberg, Germany to report in to my sending church and pastor. Pastor Pilalas and the folks at Lighthouse Baptist were gracious and saw to my every need. There were only a few folks left who remember us from our last visit, however, by the time I left a few days later we were all family. I cannot tell you the comfort it is for a missionary to have such a fine sending church.
Since our last prayer letter:
• We passed out Bibles at Fort Stewart.
• Locally, we were on two bases passing out Bibles and tracts.
• We visited two veterans homes and one veterans hospital. The local VA hospital allowed us to distribute five cases of Bibles and to share the gospel with patients listed as Christians.
• We continue to work with two families interested in being missionaries.
Remember to contact us if there is anything we can do for you. Also, we realize in some cases it has been five years or more since we last reported to your church. Please let me know if you would like us to update your church.
We continue to pray for you everyday!
May the Lord bless your faithfulness,
Doug, Debbie, Doug II and Daniel Carragher
General Director, AFBM 3252 Taylor Road Chesapeake, VA 23321
“But I trust I shall shortly see thee, and we shall speak face to face. Peace be to thee. Our friends salute thee. Greet the friends by name.” -III John 14
The photo of the billboard above is a tribute to Vicenza Baptist Church’s deployed soldiers. Even our overseas’ churches have soldiers deploying to Afghanistan and Iraq. A reminder to all of us of the price of freedom.
• For our military heroes, their salvation and safety.
• For Christ to receive the preeminence in all we do.
• For our family’s health.
• Praise for souls.
• Praise for our supporters.
• Praise for the Bible distribution and BPS.
• Praise for safe travel.
John 15:13, Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
THE COST OF WAR:
• 4379 heroes dead in Iraq
• 1005 heroes dead in Afghanistan
• 31,693 wounded in the War on Terror
• Quick Facts: There are 163 Veterans Affairs full service hospitals in the United States.
• There are 27.8 million veterans.
• There are 133 Veterans Homes with over 30,000 beds. Waiting lists clog admission at all homes.