Dear Praying Friends:
My family and I want to start this letter by wishing you a very Merry Christmas! You hold a dear place in our hearts and are God’s gift to us. We will never understand how much the Lord loves us; and how He uses each of you to be faithful to our ministry.
“And thou shalt have joy and gladness; and many shall rejoice at his birth.” -Luke 1:14
There are so many of our heroes who seek joy and long to rejoice. Unfortunately, most have no concept about their Savior. We’re thankful the Lord has called us to tell them.
Last month, I had the honor of helping members of Grace Baptist Church in Lees Summit, MO passed out John and Romans, Tracts, Invitations and maps to Freedom Baptist Church in Havelock, NC. I wish I could report that all was great, however, the devil hated our doing the Lord’s work and the nasty phone calls came in and a young man threatening to beat me up awaited an end to our labor filled day. Fortunately, Pastor Kohr and his church realized fruit for their labor with souls saved and new folks attending church. Four thousand packets were distributed and we still are looking forward to more fruit.
Our ministry had the honor of seeing six souls saved since our last letter. What an honor it is to be witnesses for our Savior.
Since our last prayer letter:
• We have been on five bases passing out Bibles and tracts.
• One base we were allowed to knock on doors.
• We visited three colleges and two Veterans Hospitals.
• The Lord gave one couple to apply for service with AFBM.
• We received a commitment for 25,000 more New Testaments.
• We have shipped or delivered several thousand scriptures.
Please contact us if there is anything
we can do for you. We love all of you
and look forward to when we can
May the Lord bless your faithfulness,
Doug, Debbie, Doug II and Daniel Carragher
General Director, AFBM, 3252 Taylor Road, Chesapeake, VA 23321
I Chronicles 16:11 states:
“Seek the LORD and his strength, seek his face continually.”
• For our military heroes their salvation and safety.
• For Christ to receive the preeminence in all we do.
• For our family’s health.
• For our country and her leaders.
• Praise for open doors.
• Praise for souls.
• Praise for our wonderful supporters.
• Praise for new missionaries.
• Praise for a new church plant outside of Fort Dix.
• Praise for the Bible distribution and BPS
John 15:13, Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
THE COST OF WAR:
• 4664 heroes dead in Iraq
• 920 heroes dead in Afghanistan
• 31,557 wounded in the War on Terror
• SAD FACTS: In the first eight months of this year, we have already seen a 20% increase in U.S. Army suicides over 2008.
• Last year, 3.9 million veterans died. The highest number in the history of America.