10 Feb The Carragher Chronicles – February 10, 2012
February 10, 2012
Dear Pastors, Prayer Warriors, Supporters, and Friends of AFBM,
“I will call on the LORD, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies.” ~II Samuel 22:4
After closing in prayer at the God Bless America Crusade, a young soldier I had never met approached me “Sergeant Major I think I’m saved!” Within a few minutes, I realized the preacher had brought him to the point of decision and he was ready. We slipped away from the group, went through the scripture and this young man sought forgiveness and salvation from the only one who could provide it. He then stated “I will never be the same.” After a hug and some sweet fellowship, I provided him with a Bible, a church’s name, and a pastor’s name.
Since our last prayer letter and by God’s wonderful grace, He has allowed me to share His gospel and see 45 people saved. I cannot remember a more fruitful time for our shared ministry.
My family and I want to thank you for your faithful prayers and support. You equip us to reach our heroes with the gospel of Christ. It is an honor to stand side by side with all of you in the ministry.
The last couple of months we have been very busy for the Lord. By God’s grace folks were saved and thousands of Scriptures shipped and handed out.
A review of the last two-months includes:
- Accepted one new missionary family.
- Shipped 1,000 Bibles and handed out 1,300.
- Received 2,600 more Bibles from a local church.
- Had AFBM’s books audited and received an exemplary report.
- Identified two churches outside military bases which needed rescuing. By God’s grace we were able to help one.
- Helped 30 returning heroes find a church home.
“Brethren, pray for us.”
Please pray with us:
- For Christ to get the pre-imminence in everything we do.
- For our soldiers, their families, safety, and coming to a knowledge of their Lord and Savior.
- For our family’s health.
- For five new supporting churches.
- For continued dental work.
- For Debbie’s arthritis.
- For the families of the 7,500 war dead.
- Praise for souls saved.
- Praise for the new missionary family.
- Praise for the rescued church.
- Praise for Doug II who is a junior in college and for Daniel a high school senior.
- Praise for our supporters and their faithfulness to our family.
Again, we cannot thank you enough for your love and support. We never take it for granted and know the sacrifices and prayers you share for us. We love and respect you. Our Lord has blessed us and those we’re called to reach through your faithfulness!
We remain your servants for Christ,
Doug, Debbie, DougII, and Daniel Carragher